What's Included: E5 Circulation Pump with power cord
Description: This SilentFlo E5 circ pump replaces all previous versions of single speed and two speed circulation pumps.
The new E5 replaces the Watkins SilentFlo® 5000 and Silentflo 5002 circulation pumps on all Hot Spring, Tiger River & Limelight spa models from 1986 to 2012. The E5 was introduced in March of 2008 as the premier upgrade/replacement circulation pump and has had a handful of updated and thoughtful revisions since. The compact size and flexible positioning (can mount on its side or vertical on the sidewall of the equipment compartment) has won it favor with Hot Spring dealers worldwide. This little jewel uses less electricity and moves more water per minute than all previous Silentflo pumps. When you refill your spa and power it up this "next generation" magnetic drive, it slowly ramps up to insure that it's well primed with water. The position of the suction/inlet is 1-11/16" from the floor which is the same as the Silentflo 5000 & Silentflo 5002. The return/discharge is 4-1/4" off the floor same which is also the same as the Silentflo 5000 & 5002. The impeller is accessible simply by unscrewing the top ring of the pump for easier cleaning if needed. This hot tub circulation pump draws water through a filter (1989 forward spas) and then pushes it through the heater, ozone injector (if equipped) and back into the spa through the heater return fitting or floor drain. It circulates twenty percent more gallons per minute than the Watkins Silentflo 5000 yet uses only 35 watts versus 65 watts by the Silent Flo 5000. Impressive!
Note: Some applications may require that this pump lay on its side for an easier connection to existing plumbing. It is not necessary to attach this pump to the floor of the equipment compartment.
Technical Specs: 115volts/60hz/35 watts (6,000 Gallons every 24 hours)
Removal of old pump
- Disconnect power to the spa.
- Access the equipment compartment.
- Unplug the circulation pump from the control box.
- If the spa is filled with water, clamp the circulation pump inlet and outlet tubing with Hose Clamp Pliers or insert wine bottle corks into the ends of the tubing.
- Remove the bonding wire and base bracket screws.
- Use pliers to slide the spring clamps located on the inlet and outlet fittings back onto the vinyl tubing.
- Remove the vinyl tubing from the pump inlet and outlet fittings.
Installation of the new pump
- Reverse steps 3 to 7 of the Circulation Pump Removal instructions.
- Check for water leaks.
- Reconnect power to the spa.
- Perform a water flow test.
- Check for any air in the plumbing lines. If air does not clear, bleed off the air at the closest tubing clamp.
- Reinstall the equipment compartment door.
old 73588, 73491
Check Serial Number Compatibility
Check Country Compatibility
- Please select the country
- United States of America1|120|60
- Antigua and Barbuda10|230|50
- Cape Verde37|220|50
- Cayman Islands38|120|60
- Costa Rica45|110|60
- Czech Republic49|220|50
- Dominican Republic53|110|60
- El Salvador57|120|60
- Falkland Islands61|220|50
- Faroe Islands62|220|50
- French Polynesia67|220|50
- Georgia, Republic of70|220|50
- Macedonia, Republic of112|220|50
- Netherlands Antilles134|220|50
- New Caledonia135|220|50
- New Zealand136|230|50
- Norfolk Island141|230|50
- Northern Ireland142|230|50
- Saint Kitts159|230|60
- Saint Lucia160|240|50
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines161|230|50
- San Marino163|220|50
- Sao Tome and Principe164|220|50
- Saudi Arabia165|230|50
- Slovak Republic170|220|50
- Solomon Islands172|240|50
- South Africa174|220|50
- Sri Lanka176|230|50
- Saint Helena177|230|50
- Saint Pierre and Miquelon178|115|60
- Syrian Arab Republic184|220|50
- Trinidad and Tobago192|115|60
- United Arab Emirates200|230|50
- Great Britain201|240|50
- British Virgin Islands208|110|60
- Channel Islands214|240|50
- Puerto Rico215|120|60
- US Virgin Islands220|120|60
- American Samoa224|120|60
Order it in the next 02 Hours and 08 Minutes ,
and choose "UPS Next Day Air" Shipping at checkout (US only)
30-Day Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee
Free shipping on orders over $99
(Lower 48 States)
No Sales Tax (except California 7.50%)
Fast shipping and the new lens cover was perfect.
Great products,prices,shipping and customer service. Thanks!!!!
The tech helped me diagnosis the problem without fail. The parts were delivered on time and were as described. I always buy from Backyard Plus and will continue to do so. Thank you.
good prices and speedy delivery, parts were a good fit
Items came as promised. Parts fit perfectly, just as advertised
K. P. ,
Very easy to locate correct part on website, great price, no shipping charges and received pump on time for my hot tub before the freezing weather arrived in the Northeast!!! Would recommend to others.
Ordered the Spa filters on Monday and had them by Wednesday. Kept me informed of shipping and price was competitive. Very pleased.
Replacement pump was relatively easy task to do. Runs much more quiet. It was shorter than the old 5000 so plan on replacing the vinyl tubing too to get the correct fit. The tutorial video on you tube was great.