In this post, we will teach you how to get rid of cloudy hot tub water and how to keep your water clear and healthy. It is very important that you maintain balanced water chemistry in your hot tub. If you allow the water chemistry to become too far out of balance you run the risk of damaging your skin as well as different hot tub components.
What causes cloudy hot tub water?
There are a number of things that can cause the water in your spa to become cloudy or murky. Some of the main causes are:
• Dirty filters
• Excessive oils / organic matter
• Improper sanitization
• Suspended particles / organic matter
• Overused or old water
Next, we will go over some simple solutions on how you can go from cloudy to clear. (Don’t worry, you don’t have to be a rocket scientist, but you do need to know a little bit about how to use test strips)
Turn your Cloudy Water Clear
- The first and easiest solution you can do is clean or change your spa filters. When your filters become old or overly dirty, they lose the ability to filter the water properly.
- Test the spa water to make sure the water chemistry is balanced. If the water chemistry is out of balance, add the proper amount of chemicals to fix the issue.
- If you find the water chemistry is within the ideal readings and your filters are clean, You may have Excessive oils, or “organic matter” in the water. If this is the case, it is recommended that you drain the spa, clean the spa shell, and start over with a freshly filled spa.
- If you haven’t changed your water in a long time (over six months) you may just have over-used water. To fix this issue just drain and refill your spa with fresh water.
- You can use the Freshwater III Ozone Generator to help keep your water cleaner and clearer with fewer chemicals.
Our goal here at Backyard Plus is to help save you money by avoiding costly service calls for repairs that you can easily do yourself!
If you are looking for HotSpring Spa replacement parts or water care products for your spa, we have what you need! backyardplus.com
For more helpful tips and How-To Videos, visit our YouTube channel!
Thanks for reading!
If there are any topics you would like to learn about pertaining to your HotSpring Spa, please let us know.