Circulation Pump, Laing, 115V / 230V, E-5, 3/4" Barb
Item #: 74427-Generic
This generic circulation pump replaces the Watkins SilentFlo® 5000 and Silentflo 5002 circulation pumps on all Hot Spring, Tiger River & Limelight spa models from 1986 to 2018. The compact size and flexible positioning means it can mount on its side or vertical on the sidewall of the equipment compartment.This pump uses less electricity and moves water more efficiently. The position of the suction/inlet is 1-11/16" from the floor which is the same as the Silentflo 5000 & Silentflo 5002. The return/discharge is 4-1/4" off the floor same which is also the same as the Silentflo 5000 & 5002. The impeller is accessible simply by unscrewing the top ring of the pump for easier cleaning if needed. This hot tub circulation pump draws water through a filter (1989 forward spas) and then pushes it through the heater, ozone injector (if equipped) and back into the spa through the heater return fitting or floor drain.
Note: Some applications may require that this pump lay on its side for an easier connection to existing plumbing. It is not necessary to attach this pump to the floor of the equipment compartment.
Technical Specs: 100-240V, 50/60hz, Max 40 watts (6,000 Gallons every 24 hours)
Removal of old pump
- Disconnect power to the spa.
- Access the equipment compartment.
- Unplug the circulation pump from the control box.
- If the spa is filled with water, clamp the circulation pump inlet and outlet tubing with Hose Clamp Pliers or insert wine bottle corks into the ends of the tubing.
- Remove the bonding wire and base bracket screws.
- Use pliers to slide the spring clamps located on the inlet and outlet fittings back onto the vinyl tubing.
- Remove the vinyl tubing from the pump inlet and outlet fittings.
Installation of the new pump
- Reverse steps 3 to 7 of the Circulation Pump Removal instructions.
- Check for water leaks.
- Reconnect power to the spa.
- Perform a water flow test.
- Check for any air in the plumbing lines. If air does not clear, bleed off the air at the closest tubing clamp.
- Reinstall the equipment compartment door.
old 73588, 73491
Hide JOhn B.,
more ... D. S. ,
Hide David H.,
Hide M. D. ,
Hide Ronald S.,